- March 2021
Butter Swim Biscuits
Posted By: David Decicco | Posted On:
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add the buttermilk and gently mix all the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Place the stick of butter in the 10.25 Inch Baker’s Skillet and place in the oven until the butter is melted, about 2-5 minutes depending on your oven. Remove from the oven.
- Pour the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to gently spread it evenly across the skillet until it touches the sides.
- Use a knife to cut the unbaked dough (it should be swimming in butter at this point) into mostly even squares. (It’s fine if they are not perfect squares.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown on top. \
All recipes are the courtesy of Lodge Manufacturing, TN USA